Isle of Gigha Camp and Motorhome Site
OPEN THROUGH WINTER!
The Isle of Gigha Camp and Motorhome site is a small site close to the ferry slip that welcomes motorhomes, campervans and tents. The camping area has a wilderness feel about it with vehicle-free, small to medium size tent pitches separated by bracken, long grass and wild flowers.
Over this winter, we will be making some improvements to the pitches and facilities, so please do excuse us if things are looking a bit messy!
Facilities include showers and toilets (including accessible/family bathroom), covered washing up and seating area, grey and chemical waste disposal points and electric hook up on some motorhome pitches. Campers have 24hr access to a kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge with small freezer compartment for ice packs and plug points for charging phones and battery packs. In reception you can find visitor information and borrow forgotten camping equipment, toiletries and boardgames (on rainy days!). An electric vehicle charging point is available onsite on a pay as you go basis. A more detailed list of facilities at the site and on the island can be downloaded here.
We are currently taking bookings up to the end of October 2024.
The campsite is small and we are unable to accomodate large tents and motorhomes. The sizes below are the size of the tent pitch, not the footprint of the tent they can accommodate. Some of our tent pitches have a slope to them, although we have tried to identify the flattest areas to create pitches. There is no vehicular access to the tent camping area, but wheelbarrows are available to help transport your gear from the car to the pitch.
We also have to limit motorhome length onsite to maximum 7m. Pitches 4-10 are particularly tight and we recommend maximum 6m vehicles for these spaces, with larger vehicles (up to 7m) better suited to pitches 1-3. Pitch 3 is closest to the facilities building, accessible toilet and shower and best suited to guests with mobility limitations - please specify on booking if you require this pitch. We can accomodate small side awnings, up to 3m wide but it is not permissable to sleep in awnings or tents on the van pitches. Please advise on booking if you intend to bring an awning.
Small tent pitch - 3mx3m grass pitch, including one adult.
Medium tent pitch - 5mx5m - 6mx6m grass pitch, including two adults (over 16 years) and 2 children.
Large tent pitch - 8mx5-7m grass pitch, including two adults (over 16 years) and 2 children.
Motorhome Pitch with EHU (Pitches 1-3): 8m long hardstanding bay suitable for vehicles up to 7m in length with an electric hook up connection - a cable of at least 12m is required. Closest to the facilities building and accessible toilet. Rate includes two adults (over 16 years) and 2 children.
Campervan Pitch with EHU (Pitches 4-6): Hardstanding bay at front of the site suitable for vehicles up to 6m in length with small area of grass to the side and electric hook-up connection - a cable of at least 15m is required. Rate includes two adults (over 16 years) and 2 children.
Campervan Pitch without EHU (Pitches 7-10): Hardstanding bay suitable for vehicles up to 6m in length with small area of grass to side of hardstanding. Rate includes two adults (over 16 years) and 2 children.
Additional adults and children can be added to a pitch, up to a total of 6 people per pitch.
- We are open all year round, with bookings being taken up to the end of October 2024.
- Please book motorhome pitches in advance to ensure we have space for you before you board the ferry.
- Maximum motorhome size of 7m onsite, with some pitches restricted to 6m to allow room for manouvering. Electric hook-ups require cables of at least 15m in length.
- For health and safety reasons, it is not permitted to sleep in tents or awnings in the campervan or motorhome areas, however these can be used for shelter and storage.
- Due to the size and shape of our site, it is not possible to accommodate very large tents and the tent pitches are not accessible by vehicle - wheelbarrows are available to help move gear!
- There may be limited car parking spaces on site, if a space is not available when you arrive, you will be able to drop off your kit before moving your vehicle to the adjacent (free) car park.
- Well-behaved dogs welcome, maximum 2 per pitch
- Check-in after 2.30pm and check-out before 11am
- Caravans are not allowed on the ferry or island, so we are unable to accept caravan bookings
- A map of the campsite is available HERE
- No campfires at pitches but charcoal BBQs allowed if raised off the grass. There is a communal fire pit available to use, and another fire pit can be borrowed for use on the beach.
- Quiet time between 10pm and 8am
- This is a quiet family site, please be mindful of other guests and local residents at all times
- Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Children (and dogs) should be under supervision at all times.
RATES & BOOKING
Small tent pitch (single occupancy rate) £15/night
Medium tent pitch (up to 6m2) £23/night
Large tent pitch (up to 8m2) £25/night
Motorhome/campervan pitch with EHU £30/night
Motorhome/campervan pitch without EHU £23/night
Extra adults (over 16 years) £5/night
Extra children (3-16 years) £3/night
*Small tent pitches include 1 adult, all other pitches include 2 adults and 2 children
We are having to increase our prices for 2024, in order to cover the costs of operation. We did not take this decision lightly as we believe camping should be accessible to all, but after 1 year's full operation, we are now aware of the true costs of running such a small and intimate campsite.
The best way to check availability and make a booking is online. We are open all year are currently taking bookings up to the end of October 2024. Please note that the Boathouse Restaurant is closed until 29th March 2024 and the Gigha Hotel Restaurant remains closed with no confirmed re-opening date. Through winter, The Nook Takeaway is open on Friday evenings, the Wee Isle Cafe is open daily 11-2.30 and Ardminish Stores is open daily with reduced hours on Wednesdays and Sundays. Gigha Winter Bar is now open on Friday and Saturday evenings until the end of March.
Cancellation Conditions: If the booking is cancelled 7 or more days before arrival then a charge equal to 5 GBP per booking will be made. If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the first night of the stay will be made. If the booking is cancelled less than 2 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made. It may be possible to rearrange bookings with more than 7 days notice.
We're very close to the Ferry Slip, second on the right as you leave the ferry - opposite the Activity Centre. DO NOT use our postcode to find us, just keep your eyes peeled as you come off the ferry and you'll see us in front of you!
View on Google Maps
View on Interactive Map
Grid Reference: NR 65287.00; 49151.00
Lattitude/Longitude: N55.40.735; W005.44.094